In a recent Industry Week article Marlene McGrath, senior vice president of human resources at manufacturer 3M discusses 7 ways (listed below) the company is evaolving with contingent, temporary and project-based labor at the company.
7 Ways 3M is Adapting to Contingent Labor
- Contract workers fit into some roles better than others.
- Aim for a healthy mix of contract and non-contract workers
- Use contract workers as a talent-screening mechanism
- Make sure diversity and inclusion efforts extend beyond full-time employees.
- Administer performance reviews through a third party.
- Have the HR team collaborate across geographic borders
- Cross-pollinate future HR leaders
See the entire article by Industry Week here.